Friday, May 8, 2015

Changes are coming!

Its been a few months since my last update, but life has been busy with school and all. I have been kind of putting everything on hold so that I can finish this semester strong and feel confident moving forward without thinking "Oh crap, why did I try harder?" later.

A few updates:

  • Thom will finally be arriving in less than a month to Minnesota! Hurrah! This is the first big milestone that I can check off my list!
  • "Wedding" planning will begin once he is here and we can focus on that instead of school, moving, jobs etc etc
  • Sweden is in our very very near future!


A few other notes: Wedding planning is not my strong point. I was never one of those girls who had her whole wedding planned in a scrap book by the age of 14. I didn't have this big dream about what I would wear, where it would be, the special song Id dance to, the food I would serve, etc etc. That is just not me. I have however made a Pintrest page which is generally the accepted thing to do...I posted a couple things but never touched it again. The whole idea of planning a wedding really makes me want to just take a nap.

Not only that, but in the US weddings are really just a big marketing hoopla of gigantic proportions. Weddings cost a lot of $$$$. In fact, the average cost for a wedding in the US is $25,200!! What?? That just blows my mind. So needless to say, my fiance and I decided to go an alternative route...aka not have one. We will be getting married on our honeymoon in Sweden. When I tell people our plans, it tends to be a bit confusing because they naturally assume its a destination wedding...sure! But its a destination wedding that no one is invited to. Maybe we are eloping? But does it count if you plan an elopement? Whatever category our choice falls into, that is what is happening.

Now we aren't excluding our families completely (my mother wouldn't allow that, and of course I wouldn't want to) so we are having a small reception when we return. Our wedding planning will basically consists of planning a fun trip to Sweden where we take a quick lunch break and say our I do's.

Upcoming things:
Moving
Swedish language crash course
Planning, planning, planning


More updates later!

No comments:

Post a Comment