Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas and the end of 2014

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!



Things are moving along quite swimmingly for me! The holidays are nearly over and that just means the long, cold winter is ahead. As I write this, it is -3 F (-19 C) outside and according to Weather.com, it is 32 F in Stockholm. With all the info Ive read on Swedish sites forewarning expats to be prepared for cold winters....I honestly think that moving to Sweden will be like a tropical vacation in comparison to what Im used to.

Plans for moving the fiance to MN for our transition period are underway. We have many appointments to look at some apartments and we are organizing our ELOPEMENT in Sweden. Yes yes! We have decided that all the hullabaloo of a full blown, $15,000 (On the conservative side of price too) wedding is simply not for us. I informed my mom (and crossed my fingers that she wouldn't be upset with being deprived of a "real" wedding) and she was actually quite ok with it. In fact, she thought it was a splendid idea!

So thats that! Im still trudging along with my Swedish lessons! Talar du Svenska? And thats going as well as can be expected..I suppose. I would like someone to speak it with me! But alas I am on my own for now. 

For Christmas I was able to chortle while my siblings opened their presents wrapped in classy Justin Bieber paper. It was quite enjoyable!


My older sister decided to make some delicious punch for us that used frozen fruit to keep it cool (it also served as a special treat!). She used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. However the only blueberries she could find were very small and subsequently looked like rabbit turds. (It was still delicious though)


We also made yummy and colorful ginger bread houses (actually graham cracker but same thing right?) and mine was obviously the best.




And of course no Christmas would be complete without hot cocoa plus peppermint schnapps! mmmmmm

See you all in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment