Saturday, October 18, 2014

Min kanelbullens dag! (My Cinnamon Bun Day!)

My Attempt at Cinnamon Buns

I wanted to celebrate being aware of my first Oct 4th Kanelbullens Dag by making some cinnamon buns! It was kind of ...ok I guess. Haha! I have never been much of a baker but I sure did my best! I followed the recipe located on the Sweden.se website  and I had to convert everything from grams and milliliters to cups or ounces so Im not sure all my measurements were exactly spot on, but close enough right?

Well here is a picture of the initial dough with the yeast. It was super sticky! Not sure if thats right or not, but I rolled with it. Waiting for this to rise took quite some time because I wasnt smart enough to add warm milk to the yeast first so they get their little engines revving, 



Next step was to roll it out into a flat rectangle and put some butter on it so that the cinnamon and sugar stuck on.

Then I had to roll it all up after the cinnamon and sugar was coated. This was the hardest part because like I said earlier, the dough was extremely sticky. I had to peel the bad boy off the table as I tried to roll. The end result it kind of looked like a log blob.

Next I cut the log blob up into small slices and BAM! Cinnamon rolls! As you can see, mine are not in little cupcake paper trays because I didnt have any...nor did I have any pearl sugar...oh well! Before throwing them into the oven, I sprinkled them with some powdered sugar and let them rise some more.


I threw them into the oven, let them make for a short amount of time, then I took hem out to cool! They werent all even but they smelled nice! My family enjoyed them so I consider it a job well done!

This bun was probably the best looking one...Ive compared it with an image I found on Google. They look identical dont they? Yeah! You cant even tell the difference right?

Ill have to keep practicing...
Until next time, hej då!






No comments:

Post a Comment